Monday, June 25, 2012

Assignment #1 - Straight 'n' Curvy

For this first assignment I want you guys to just get out and start shooting. But...I want you to also start to develop your discerning eye. With those two things in mind, I want you to start with the following requirements:

1.  Shoot your first frame and have ONLY straight lines in the image. NO curvy lines.  NO bendy lines. NO meandering lines. NO lines that used to be straight but are now not.



2. Shoot your second frame and have ONLY curvy lines in the image.  NO straight lines. NO lines that used to be straight but are now curvy. If I see a hint of a straight line, even within a longer curvy line, I will cry.  Don't make me cry.



3. Repeat #1.

4. Repeat #2.

5. Do this for as long as you can possibly stand it. You will hit a wall...I want you to find it. I'd really like you to break through it. Breaking through the wall is an important part of this assignment.

Due date:

The due date for this assignment is kind of irrelevant.  We will be using this photos ASAP to get you to learn the workflow in Lightroom.  Got no photos?  Then you won't be learning very much will you?  Get a bunch shot super-fast and you'll be good to go.  Super-fast = by Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment